Create your free account now! Sign up

IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE Fed?

Ok, when I responded to an ad for work, saying I can make 1000k a week.. Be my own boss and have all my money eatin away in write offs Schedule C etc.. 

More to that I was told to use an Account for 200 bucks send the 1099 and for 4 years didnt owe a dime making 40k, 55K, 60K and last year 72K.  Milage commissons etc. Hell I didnt understand just going with the flow like all the other people their.

I just got audited!!!! WTF... I have to refile my last three years as an employee and im not the only one, from the auditor I spoke with over he said im am one of the few who have responded to the letter's and.  I guess everyone at the company is getting one.  The company has been advised that my worker status well all the cable workers are employees and should have been paid W2 not 1099.  

I went to HR Block and I about had a heart attack.  34K I owe in back taxes with the same deductions.  I dont know what to do.. Im sure the other guys who read there mail are wondering the same Feing thing. 

I went in to talk to payroll lady and they fired her, Tony.  I asked around and it seems the IRS has came in and started nosing around and alot of hush hush crap is going on getting everyones SSN.  I cant owe the IRS 34k, anyone have advise?  I own my house my two trucks bank accounts, they can sezie them right? 

I dont like to post crap but this is serious.....  I never filed anything out asking the IRS make that choice for me.  Do they do it automaticly?

Knight Enterprises in Pinellas is the company I work for or will not because of this, this if not resolved ruined my life.  Think its because of the lawsuit in Federal court?  They said it was overwith and we contractors.  

If all the other guys get audited and we all will owe about the same and fed royally?

Anyone else get the audit letter?  I dont want to slam Knight, but the more I ask around people are telling me that we should have been labeled and paid employees for a very long time. 

This is CABL.com posting #352563. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDSF
There are 10 replies to this message
Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE scoredfitting 3/12/2013 11:40:11 AM
Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE scoredfitting 3/8/2013 12:21:11 PM
Re: IRS said cable guy Employee not Contractor WE Lightmaster 2/11/2013 4:35:37 PM