Create your free account now! Sign up

New policy from charter? How many will lose there

I have heard about a new policy coming into effect from charter communications that will take affect very soon. It may just put a lot of techs out of work. According to the possible "NEW LAW" handed down from charter corporate, anyone who has "EVER" in their whole entire life had a felony on there record will be fired and not be allowed to work for charter ever again. They are making everyone go through one specific company to run backgrounds and drug tests. They will also be re-running backgrounds and drug tests for everyone currently working as a contractor, project manager, prime owner, tech, warehouse guy and prime dispatcher working right now. You will be fired if you have ever had a felony, even if you are working today. Now this seems a little harse. Especially in light of the fact that every cable company in the world only goes back 7 years for felonies. I can see that a 7 year check would weed out those who are constantly in trouble with the law and have no desire to become hard working, productive members of society. But an entire lifetime??? This is rediculose at best. I guess charter communications does not have anyone employed in there ranks who has ever made a mistake in there life and made a turn around. I am sure that every charter corporate employee has been the perfect example of human behaviour throughout their entire life. I guess that no redemption is the new policy with charter and that even after 7 years of good behaviour and clean living, anyone who has ever had a felony is a scumbag who wants nothing more than to get over on charter and rob, kill and rape customers. Way to keep the industry cleaned up charter. Keep up the Great work. Oh yeah, for you corporate charter guys, you should have to re-run your own backgrounds and re-take some random drug tests too. It would be interesting to find out just how many charter employees would be able to continue working in March, given the new set of rules! Cheers
This is CABL.com posting #287311. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmUd
There are 15 replies to this message
Re: New policy from charter? How many will lose th lazarust326 1/18/2010 11:24:57 AM
Re: New policy from charter? How many will lose th marc.recine 1/17/2010 8:59:57 PM
Re: New policy from charter? How many will lose th Cowboy3939 1/16/2010 12:24:02 PM
Re: New policy from charter? How many will lose th PantherFan 1/14/2010 7:37:44 PM
Re: New policy from charter, How many will lose th wallfishman 1/11/2010 8:09:15 PM
Re: New policy from charter, How many will lose th midwest fiber guy 1/11/2010 6:21:18 PM
Re: New policy from charter, How many will lose th lazarust326 1/11/2010 5:58:12 PM
Re: New policy from charter, How many will lose th SpeedLasher 1/11/2010 5:04:52 PM
Re: New policy from charter, How many will lose th SpeedLasher 1/11/2010 3:31:40 PM