Create your free account now! Sign up

Calling it Quits after 30 years

Due to the ridiculous rates being paid for both Satellite and Cable installations I have decided to get the F--k out of this Biz. I can hardly believe the rates I see being offered these days most of them are LOWER than they were 10 years ago and yet these companies wonder why they have QC issues and repeat service calls. Gentleman, those of you offering these rates on the Bar, you get what you pay for and these rates($65 for a single $80 for a dual and you have to furnish materials) will get you nothing but HACKS. These rates are an insult to any Tech worth his salt. Some of you out there reading this know me and my experience in this industry I have done it all from installs to being PM for several large upgrades. I have been doing Sat. installs for the past 6 or 7 years(got tired of being on the road) and yet the company I worked for would rather use techs they have trained for 2 weeks please tell me the logic in this. In closing I would like to say good luck to those of you who choose to remain in this industry because from my perspective it is going to get worse before it gets better. Payng a tech with 30 years experience the same as you pay a stone cold ROOKIE is ludicrus. Again I wish you all good luck.
K. Lamar Mc Bride No longer a CableDawg
This is CABL.com posting #215796. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4iK
There are 6 replies to this message
To all the Old timers and those that moved on: MicroMan 4/14/2008 11:44:00 AM
Re: Calling it Quits after 30 years jerrybsr2000 4/12/2008 11:32:00 AM
Re: Calling it Quits after 30 years uglyoldlineman 4/11/2008 8:30:00 PM
Re: Calling it Quits after 30 years MicroMan 4/11/2008 7:36:00 PM
Re: Calling it Quits after 30 years danimal 4/11/2008 6:08:00 PM
Re: Calling it Quits after 30 years SATMAN/MEMPHIS 4/11/2008 8:58:00 AM