Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sumahit and I were talking.......

You paint a very rosey picture...... Simply put, the cable/sat business does not recognize the value of additional education, training, or certifications. It means nothing in the eyes of the contracting companies in this line of work. They will take anybody. They have to. The customer (MSO) set pricing is so low that they cant pay wages that will attract and retain good talent. It is something they realize and are ok with. They admit it all the time. When you answer a job ad they tell you "Its all we can pay at this time".

No one in this line of work pays what the work is worth. THEY ADMIT IT!! Some will tell you they know the pay is not what it should be and wish they could pay more. Some, I actually believe really mean it. But although they are nice guys that WISH they can pay more, they just cant. Remember, we're talking just being able to pay what the work is worth. Havent even asked them to recognize my additional training and education.....

The unfortunate reality is that the companies in this industry cant afford to pay an installer who is a HS graduate and has 2yrs exp. what he is worth. So theres no way for them to pay a degreed and certified installer with 5yrs exp. what he is worth. This is not that kind of industry.
This is CABL.com posting #185947. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWxj
Posted in reply to: Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... by oldschoolgal
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... oldschoolgal 2/26/2007 1:32:00 PM
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... Waiting out the Storm 2/24/2007 9:45:00 AM
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... nrb1 2/24/2007 9:18:00 AM