Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sumahit and I were talking.......

It is simply the added value that additional voluntarily obtained education brings. Those who work less and get paid more co command the pay from the extra education. It just works out that way. The suits have the education that applies to what they do, and I think we should as well.

It does not have to be college. It can be certificates from vendors, trade schools, seminars, organizations that you may belong to. Something that sets you apart on paper as well as results in the field.

Unfortunately, the suits who approve your contract see the paperwork and verify it. It is not enough to say you are a cable dawg anymore. You can include fancy pictures of work in your marketing materials, does that mean you actually did the work?

Not to devils advocates that approve you. You don't become wealthy and successful taking peoples word for anything anymore. It is sad, but we all know it's true. You have to be ridged, there is too much risk involved.

Some old dawgs need new knowledge we are a long way from attaching antennas to farm houses in Small Town USA. We are a long way from the analog systems we all cut our teeth on.

Competition is tough! You have to have an edge. That is all. As The MTWildblueman stated, it the individual who can make a difference not a group. You have to raise the bar for yourself and your family to get ahead.

If you go with a group how will you stand out in the crowd? How can YOU be heard and seen. You are the only one who can truly make your goals reality.

If someone could do all of the hard work for you and you were to reap the benefits and pay while doing nothing else, they would be the most popular person around, but they would not be able t maintain the situation without you stepping up to the plate.

Nothing that is worth doing and doing well is easy, if it were we would all be superstars, there would be no hacks. I am just trying to give you some encouragement and help you to become empowered as an individual...sort of Motherly advice.(wink)
This is CABL.com posting #185912. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWwK
Posted in reply to: Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... by FRACK IT
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... CaliCableGuy 3/9/2007 1:26:00 PM
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... FRACK IT 2/24/2007 1:17:00 PM
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... Trey9007 2/23/2007 10:50:00 PM
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... Trey9007 2/23/2007 10:45:00 PM