Create your free account now! Sign up

Paying to much

I just wanted to get on here and vent for a moment. I actually just finished a phone call with another local company that tried to persued one of my techs to jump ship. It was not the fact that they approached him that pi**ed me off, it happens. It was the fact that they had the ball* to call me up and chew me out for "overpaying" him. Since when is it wrong to fairly compensate one of your own. I pay him well because he does a fine ass job at what he does. I am under the firm belief that you get what you pay for. If I approach a contract and they wont pay for the work in a fair manner, I pass it up. I will get paid by them later to go out and fix the low bidders mistakes. To all the managers out there, shut the hell up about profits and pay your people the amount they are worth. Oh, by the way, If you cant balance a system, core a cable, lash a line, balance a headend, or splice the fiber, then why are you dictating what the techs pay should be. Be a man, do the work, when the bones get too old, then manage the projects, not the other way around. Nothing pisses me off more that to walk into a job to see a 28 year old manager who has "done it all" Yeah Right, Im a youngin,37, and have not a spitoons worth of knowledge compared to some of the dawgs I know. Thats why I have a phone and a whole bunch of #s to call. I stay in my area of expertise and try to do the industry right by the pay. This is just my two cents. If it upsets some of the managers then, well.........Good, maybe you do have a heart.(angry)
This is CABL.com posting #183152. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVOe
There are 8 replies to this message
Re: Paying to much bigmacr 1/20/2007 3:30:00 PM
Re: Paying to much aceco2 1/16/2007 2:41:00 PM
Re: Paying to much primebusiness 1/15/2007 11:15:00 PM
Re: Paying to much rmblnmn1 1/15/2007 10:17:00 PM
Re: Paying to much cablerite 1/15/2007 5:21:00 PM
Re: Paying to much cablerite 1/15/2007 5:18:00 PM
Re: Paying to much deleted 1/15/2007 12:29:00 PM
Re: Paying to much bushmaster 1/15/2007 12:29:00 PM