Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Paying to much

Hey buddy I agree with you; I have a man who has stuck with me for six years through all kinds of problems and traveling and even some personal hardship. Now that my trucks are paid for and my meters are paid for and he is still working with me as an employee I pay him very well. In some cases I pay him the same rates I would pay a sub contractor. One time he recieved a phone call from another contractor that we had worked with and told me it was him, I asked why he was calling and he said he has been calling occassionally for two years like some other guys to offer him a job. I asked him if he offered him a salary and he told me that he doesn't give him the chance and says that he likes who he works for and what he is doing and wishes him good luck and have a nice day. In these times when you spend months training a guy and he leaves because someone else offers him an extra two cents or a new truck it is rare to find a stand-up guy. So pay your guys what they are worth for their experience and loyalty.
This is CABL.com posting #183248. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVPM
Posted in reply to: Paying to much by woodybeetle
There are 0 replies to this message