Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fiber splicing basics?

It's nice to see an instructor telling people that's it's not too hard to splice and that they don't need any formal training.....Really justifies your position.....

You're right, a half retarded monkey can push the "set" button on a fujikura but can he test/troubleshoot a network. Can he identify, within a foot or two, a damage location underground?

I get pretty d*mn frustrated when I hear people say that it's not that difficult to splice fiber because IT'S MORE THAN JUST PUSHING A BUTTON. This whole attitiude is reflecting in the pricing, testing is basically free anymore and I don't know how many systems I've been in where people who didn't think "splicing fiber is hard" have butchered preps and couldn't follow a count because "they didn't know you could splice different colors together....."

Go out there unprepared and try to get paid after screwing a job up and investing $60,000 in equipment. I worked with guys for 7 years and still see some of them struggle on FTTP. But, rehab work pays pretty good by the hour so feel free to give it a shot (just let me know where you're working.....)
This is CABL.com posting #173043. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTbb
Posted in reply to: Re: Fiber splicing basics? by dpostoskie
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Fiber splicing basics? SunMoonNStars 8/1/2006 3:44:00 PM
Re: Fiber splicing basics? messenger 8/1/2006 1:37:00 PM
Re: Fiber splicing basics? RandM 8/1/2006 12:46:00 PM
Re: Fiber splicing basics? RandM 8/1/2006 12:43:00 PM