Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Travel Expense: Food/Motel

I could not agree more Microman. All of my UG crews have been hourly from the begining. Stating in the new year I am going to transition my Aerial guys that way as well. Aerial is the hardest since they will make the most off of units on a consistent basis, my guys arent happy yet, but they will see that in the end with a fair hourly wage you will make the same without the rollercoaster paychecks. Unit pay is too varible to earn a living off of. Granted some days on hours I will lose money, but when they get rolling and build 1 mile a day it will even out and they will always have a consistent pay check that they can budget around. We are going to give it a go and see how it goes depending on how the numbers come out I might even do a monthly or quarterly bonus. It is hard to transition crews that are used to unit to hourly when eveyday they do thier paperwrk and crunch the numbers and see holy shit I made 600 bucks today but they always fail to take into account that it actually took you 2 and half days to make that. So they are actually brining in about 225 a day math it out that comes out to about 28 bucks an hour. If you continue with that math it comes out to about 58 grand a year. Not to shabby if I do say so myself. I am curious as to your thoughts on my plan, still trying to convince the Big Boss that it is a solid way to go, but he is atleast willing to try it. If anyone has not figured it out yet IT IS damn near impossible to make good profit off of Aerial work, but that does not mean you cant take care of your people while profitting the little you can. Stay Safe and Take care of your people............. They are the ones that support you and your family so the least you can do is support them and thier families better.

Semper Fidelis
This is CABL.com posting #386839. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMNv
Posted in reply to: Travel Expense: Food/Motel by MicroMan
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Travel Expense: Food/Motel MicroMan 12/8/2021 8:34:46 AM
Re: Travel Expense: Food/Motel TSBCCC 12/7/2021 12:56:40 PM