Create your free account now! Sign up

Got a dileama

Here is the situation.  I have  been in the catv for about 12 years now, going from a installer to service to maintence and headend.  I just sarted to work for a large MSO which I will not mention names due to they do monitor these sites.  They are wondering why they have a large turn around of people.  When I filled out their apps.  They started me off at $10.50 hr.  That shocked the hell out of me.  They want to start back as a installer which irritated me.  They took in people that does not have mentalitly to do this type of work.  Had 2 guys right off the bat that couldnt climb pole.  One was scared to death and stared at the pole for hours.  The other one made excuses not to climb.  Got one guy that can not figure out how to hang drops.  It took this guy 3.5 hours and still didnt finish it.  Of course I just shook my head.  Got one that needs to retire.  One that cannot figure out 2+2 is. and so on and so on.  After seeing this,  I started thinking to myself, (WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?)  I have been at this point before and busted my ass off just to start here agian.  Got a instructor that has 5 years on him telling me that I am doing everything wrong. And this kid is 25 years old.  Trying to tell me how to climb, drive, handle a ladder and so on and so on.  After a day or two, I finally had enough of this twirp.  In front of everybody, I explained to him. I have been climbing since I started cable and ripped out once, I drive a 8600ib truck everyday(not a ford forester), I can throw him around like a throw a ladder around and so on and so on.  And if he wants to try to hang with the big dawgs, he needs to get rid of the cocky attitude and look how everything is actualy done and the sweat that goes into it.  After this, I started thinking, what the hell cable turned into?  Its nothing like it was when I first started.  Its abunch of pansey asses now.   I think its time to find another career.  I am now relizing what all the old dawgs are saying. 

My dileama is,  stay where I am at and face the bullshit agian or time to find another career.  I got a feeling this is going to be a no brainer. 

P.S  I almost forgot that this mso is stating all other ways of doing things is wrong but theirs.  That one caught my ears.

Just want all of yours opinions
This is CABL.com posting #340184. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAE0
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Got a dileama venom56 2/26/2012 4:04:34 PM
Re: Got a dileama KrellcomComm 2/26/2012 1:43:09 PM
Re: Got a dileama MicroMan 2/25/2012 8:05:13 PM
Re: Got a dileama johnmc3 2/25/2012 10:04:00 AM