Create your free account now! Sign up

Need advice

After Irene hit this little ma and pa system.  I learned alot about this little system and a bunch of issues that Believe would help in the future.  One of the issues is the down stream.  I noticed that the downstream is at 111.000mhz.  We also have premium channels on the analog side.  This is a 450mhz system that still has some OLD 330 items that I have been swapping out to 1gig.  I would like to take the premium channels which is channel 5(HBO), 27(Cinamax) and 28(Showtime) to make them strictly digital and free up those channels for other uses.

This question is mainly for the owner and operators of small systems.  But I would like all advice to help increase the profit margin and to help stabilize the system.  Would it be advisable to make premiums to strictly digital, move the downstream to another frequency and add HD?  Plus, how much space does HD require?   Of course at the end of the day, its up to the owner of this little system to approve the changes.  Of course I would have to make some type of proposal to convince them to agree with the changes.
This is CABL.com posting #333292. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyRQ
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Need advice Birdman 9/18/2011 9:15:39 PM
Re: Need advice Splicer Life 4me 9/18/2011 4:42:42 PM
Re: Need advice cabledad 9/18/2011 1:22:12 PM