Create your free account now! Sign up

Summer grilling tips/tricks...

Seeing Jonns "A Good Saturday" thread, I thought we could use a thread where we could all share cooking tips that works as well on the road/camping as at home.

For all you cooking kings out there, this stuff is the shiz-nit of spices/rubs I have found for grilling AND stove top! McKormicks 'Grill Mates' Montreal Steak. GEEZ this stuff is PERFECT for Rib Eyes and burgers alike! Tasty as anything I've ever had! And the best part? The family ADORES the stuff too! Found at SAMS Club when the sample tables were out and the woman was FRYING steak with this stuff and she couldn't keep any on here cart. Of course me pigging out getting 4 or 5 pieces didn't help her inventory any!

When cooking out, I use a charcoal grill. The food just tastes soooooo much better in my opinion, but there is a drawback; flame flairups. I have had so much food RUINED by flairups by either burning to a crisp or charring the outside and inside it isn't cooked. Stopped being a macho man and began using a squirt bottle with water. It works sooooooo well! Don't need to BLAST the flames as ash can fly up onto the food so gentle, consistant sdirect squirts works best. Since I started using it this year, everything I've made on the grill has turned out perfectly! Not one complaint from any family members like they usually find something to bitch about. Just smiles and full bellies now! This is important now more than ever with the increasing cost of food.

Last but certainly not least, When grilling out, prepare MORE food than will be eaten. Always good to have some for a late night snack, lunch the next day, or even leftovers a few days later. It is cheaper and easier than firing the grill up again tho. But be forewarned, if there isn't enough for a second round for everyone, you might get some whinning and crying from the kids (or adults!) in your family. Just be sure to properly store.

And don't forget your puppers! They love good food as well as any one of us!

So, anyone have anything to add?

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #328817. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxHF
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Summer grilling tips/tricks... drifterdawg 6/11/2011 9:12:31 PM
Re: Summer grilling tips/tricks... PantherFan 6/11/2011 12:54:19 AM
Re: Summer grilling tips/tricks... jmiller 6/7/2011 5:58:52 AM
Re: Summer grilling tips/tricks... idaho 6/6/2011 8:14:24 PM
Re: Summer grilling tips/tricks... TheRobMan 6/6/2011 7:45:16 PM