Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Summer grilling tips/tricks...

Good idea splicer,

It is nice to see that I am not alone with the grill mates. Weber also makes marinades that are similar to McCormick's. I like the chipolte myself, but the Montreal is good stuff. I use a gas grill, as for me time wise it just works. One of my favorites comes from a local chain. They cut a piece of round down to a quarter inch, and sell it that way. Like you I make plenty, and it can be used for a steak sandwich, chopped up for burritos, or I suppose you could even use it for stir fry(have not done the later as of yet).

For Christmas dinner I got a nice piece of prime roast and grilled that. Had never tried it but it turned out good and guest seemed to enjoy it. I was worried about ruining Christmas dinner, but pulled it off. Burger end I will use Cavenders greek seasoning, just sprinkle on both sides and grill. Comes out tasty and find a nice piece of pepper jack cheese tops it off great. Also use the Weber and McCormick's on chicken breast. I have two racks on my grill and never use the bottom unless I cook for a large crowd. use a low temperature and allow plenty of time for it to be done that way.I use your spray bottle trick as well, because the oil used for the marinades causes some flaring with the gas grill.

One of my favorites is grilling shrimp wrapped in bacon. Took some to a party this spring and remember a woman making an off color remark about it. She brought bites size quiche or something and no one touched it. I had brought over 60 bacon wrapped shrimp and they were gone half way through the party.

Believe in time everyone will find what works for them and their family, but I do love trying new ideas so hopefully this thread will generate a lot of responses.
This is CABL.com posting #328824. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxHM
Posted in reply to: Summer grilling tips/tricks... by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Summer grilling tips/tricks... Nightlife1970 6/7/2011 12:27:10 AM