Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contract

that low voltage law has been in effect in florida for over 10 years, palm beach county enforced it when I was working there and the prime told everyone to tell anybody from the state or county that you was an employee of the prime, I even had to have the state of florida licenses number that was issued to the prime on my trucks.

you could not have your company name on your trucks, if you did you had to put a permanent sign from the prime not a magnetic sign over your company name
you cound't wear your company t-shirts only orange shirts with no logo's on it.

all of your invoicing had to be turned in on the primes paperwork, your id badge had an employee number, your certificate of insurance had to have the primes name on it , your truck insurance had to have it also, so every bit of paper work showed you as an employee, all the checks were cut in the owners name not the companies name and they left it up to you to separate it with your accountant.

If you had your own low voltage licenses and didn't want to follow their rules you got no work, all they had to have is 1 person working under their contract with a low voltage licenses and everyone else worked under it.

and I am sure all the lawsuits from knight's, mastec is bringing the light to the surface and with florida fighting a big budget deficit they are going to go after any source of revenue they can get their hands on and I do agree that it will weed out the fly by night's & hacks and maybe bring the rates back to where they should be.

This is CABL.com posting #307816. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbseW
Posted in reply to: Re: Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contract by cbleman1
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contract sbcaswmtech 7/21/2010 8:45:15 PM