Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contract

Update......

I just talked the owner and hes telling the owner I posted this online to see if anyone else is getting hammered by the State.  He was kind of pissed but understood were looking for answers and advise.  He told me Mastec has sent it to Legal and they wont let us go as of yet until legal gets there opinion on the law.  I know this isnt going away and im thinking of moving to another State, but most other states have the same laws.  I was in cable for a while and the prices keep getting slashed and cut to the installer while the owners buy new houses and lambos, planes and boats.  I know Sat isnt an better but im not working 80 hours a week for 1000 anymore im working 40. 

As for the lic isssue I found the law on the books and it says were need a ES Limited Energy Lic at least to install Sat or Cable or Phone.  I did find an exemption under the Statue and called the Invest at the State back he promptly called me back this after noon. 

The exemption only covers Ultilities not Sat or Cable providors or Subcontractors.  Utilities are like the power company not Verizon or Comcast or Dish or Direct TV.  And it was mentioned Knight Enterprises in the Tampabay area by the Invest and they have always clammed they were exempt under that rule, there name was mentioned as a prime target over and over.  Compaines like Knight and Brighthouse and Mastec he kept mentioning.  He did also slip by saying the National Low Voltage Ass has been contacted by someone who has been working unlic for the past years and has agreed to testify and help in the enforcement.  I wonder who this is.  This complaint has stepped up the push.  Quote "Even if you are wearing they logo shirt and magnic signs on your vehicle were are on the look out for these types of workers"   

I agree these lawsuits here in Florida are kicking off this crack down and alot of pissed off installers are going to be looking for blood over this enforcement wave comming.  From what ive been reading this guy who worked for Knight and got dicked is behind all this BS who is he and why hasnt Knight shut him up and made him go away. This is going to cost alot of people money millions on contracts. Ive hurd of hush money. So whos this guy whats his deal and how can he go away or all we just F-ed.

I dont want to be an employee or do I.  Will the prices go up on installs I think not.  Will alot of smaller primes who cant afford employees go under.  Will Mastec be forced to hire more employees.  Which I wouldnt mind.  Will the Comcasts or Time Warners or Bright House's provide more installer jobs.

Im just pissed. Will update when I talk Mastec local.  Im not saying the area yet until it gets out this just happened yesterday. Monday
This is CABL.com posting #307835. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsff
Posted in reply to: Re: Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contract by SpeedLasher
There are 3 replies to this message