Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: This is why I won't do Sat. work

Who is responsible if you do "install" a new line. The tech! When you screw up an alarm system, who is responsible? The tech! When the customer complains that they are now without service, Who is to blaim? The tech! In order to even open a NID, you have to be a trained service tech. How many companies want to train the tech to install and TEST the phone line the correct way??? NONE!!!!! That's because they would have to pay for the testing eqt for each tech but since they don't want to do that and take any kind of responsibility, they push it all on the tech. Since nobody is going to push wrongful termination, then why complain about being fired? Were supposed to install satellite with a meter, preferably with a super buddy. What happens when you take a digisat or BD on a SC? You are running around 3 times as long and then it still may not work right when you leave. When you have the right eqt then you are able to propperly do your job. Train me and equipt me with what I need in order to do my job and I would be happy to do the job the right way. There isn't a phone contractor out there that would get a job unless they either had the equipment or was furnished the equipment.

AGAIN, until more techs push the issue, they will continue to be treated unfairly.
This is CABL.com posting #289604. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnvc
Posted in reply to: Re: This is why I won't do Sat. work by SouthernSkyLLC
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: This is why I won't do Sat. work SouthernSkyLLC 1/30/2010 9:08:07 PM
Re: This is why I won't do Sat. work dishdude2k 1/30/2010 6:21:57 AM