Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: You have the power to change it.

Having started a contract with the MSO, found warehouse space, built it out, opened the doors, hired everyone, and ran that contract day to day paying the bills.....

How about this smart guy:  Put up or shut up.  Pull your own cash out of your pocket and start your own gig.  You do it all by yourself.  Start one up.

When your done figuring out how much the light bill, office space, phones, warehouse rent, trucks, insurance, business licenses cost each year ... Then add in the "cost of doing business":  Those weekly lunches on your AMeX card, summer conference trips with the MSO coordinator and all his/her staff, Holiday "Gifts", political donations, Annual bonuses for your techs and office staff, Company picnics, administrative back charges due to a new office worker making some small error ....you get the picture.  Those that have run a MSO contract know what i'm talking about.  It's obvious to me you are just a field tech as you have the industry vision of one.  Not a bad thing, just limited vision and information you have.

Hell, there's some stretches of time when my techs made more than I did.  It's all about keeping the doors open and your techs feeding thier families.

Till then, stop your bitching, stfu, and get to work.

We all need to eat.....but some have to eat and recover thier investments.
This is CABL.com posting #284602. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmcw
Posted in reply to: Re: You have the power to change it. by bushmaster
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: You have the power to change it. sweatforhire 12/22/2009 1:07:24 AM
Re: You have the power to change it. cablewrestler 12/21/2009 12:43:50 PM
Re: You have the power to change it. Cowboy3939 12/21/2009 9:25:15 AM
Re: You have the power to change it. bushmaster 12/21/2009 6:34:17 AM
Re: You have the power to change it. EshoreJoe 12/20/2009 8:06:48 PM
Re: You have the power to change it. scooterz56 12/20/2009 7:37:07 PM