Create your free account now! Sign up

For those that have turkey on Thanksgiving

Well here we are, almost turkey time again. It amazes me how fast this time of the year comes. The older I get, the faster it seems to get here.

I am curious how all you turkey eaters cook your birds. I deep fry (in peanut oil of course, accept no substitution) ours every year. This is my 7th year deep frying. I use the same fryer that I started out with. This year I am going to put some poultry rub all over the outside AND the inside. Thats it. I lower the turkey in the oil and I make what is normally my 3rd drink (I really only drink on holidays) and BS with the family that comes over every year (sister & her family) while it cooks. Its a packed house with my sis, BIL, my nephew & nieces and their kids.

The bird gets cooked for 3 minutes per pound and when that time is up I let it cook for 5 more minutes for the perfect bird. I remove the bird, and let it drain on newspaper, add some more peanut oil and lower the second bird in and start all over. Including the drink.

So how do you cook your turkey? Roast, Bake, Deep Fry or some other way?

All the family talks about is fried turkey since last week. I must admit, I'm looking forward to it. Some of the best eating on earth.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #280877. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbler
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: For those that have turkey on Thanksgiving ActionTec 11/20/2009 10:40:48 PM
Re: For those that have turkey on Thanksgiving 1FARMER 11/20/2009 11:33:59 AM
Re: For those that have turkey on Thanksgiving johnmc3 11/20/2009 8:59:32 AM
Re: For those that have turkey on Thanksgiving cablemn86 11/20/2009 8:03:43 AM