Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: There is a way to change things - for everyone

I said this years ago. The MSO's know which techs out there have a good record in the field. They could contract direct to those with great records and have a much better product in the field, with far more satisfied customers, but you really need to look into what's needed to contract directly to the MSO in as far as performance bonds, insurance levels, etc.
A main reason they won't do this is because charge backs have become a source of revenue, and competent techs won't generate as many charge backs as the walking brain dead that many primes toss out into the field after the BS training they receive. With most charge backs 99% of the primes out there hit the contractor with 100% of the charge back so that they still profit their share. Why do you think the charge backs are more than what the job paid most of the time ?????
Also one prime will for the most part will not squawk much about charge backs because # 1 they wanna make as little waves as possible as to keep the gravy train rolling, and like I pointed out before they just pass the entire charge back along to the sub, whereas individuals with direct contracts will be more likely to complain, and possibly persue litigation that would cause the MSO's loss in revenue for court time and related expenses as well as awards and possible precedents that would be set in a court case that could tie their hands in the future.

They also claim it makes book keeping less complex to have one prime rather than ten or twenty individual contractors, but again they do handle payroll for quite a few in house.  It's all a bunch of BS if you ask me. Personally a business model based on customer satisfaction and being top of the game for the product you offer would stand to promote longevity and profits for the share holders rather than the hit and run and promise to fix it later mentality they all use as company models now.
This is CABL.com posting #275765. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjTZ
There are 2 replies to this message