Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: SO what do you guys think of this one?

OK Let me re-write this so it makes a bit more sense and so EVERYONE can fully understand this.

First of all, yes, I am on salary PLUS COMMISSION. The salary is garbage compared to the amount of commission. Yes, it was fully understood that I will not be getting paid for my installs and that I do not have to do them if I do not choose to do them. I do both simple reconnect's to putting in a new drop. There really isn't to much that I won't do. If the job seems just way to big then of course I give it to you guys to get done. I am choosy as to who I sell to. If I see that the house is a "never" then of course I do not try to push the sale. I will accept a simple "no we don't want it". If I know the install is a quick ten minute install I push a bit harder.

Someone stated that why did I choose to go inhouse if I claim to make all this money. The money is not made in my state. The MSO that I currently work for does not pay the going rate for the sale and the install. I am like most people on here, sick of going from one great paying job to some pipe dream that was sold to me over the phone. I also choose to work and live in my home town, yes it is a drawback to making the better money but it is also stable.

I have to say that U thought the reply from CABLECREW was probably the best out of all the advice written. I thought, after writing this, that it is mostly my fault for this situation that I am in. I also realized that I truly have two choices. Deal with it and make the lousy money work. 2. I think I might spend the weekends working for a contractor in a nearby state and do some weekend cable/installs. Sucks most of you guys are right that it isn't their fault for me not getting paid to do my installs. I knew this from the start and I had agreed to this before I accepted the job.

Also to let you guys know....I work in house and their are no sales contractors in this market. NONE, only install contractors. The other thing is that I know the sales dept is not getting a kickback for doing their own installs. If they were they would truly care when I told them I was done doing my own installs. They could care less when I threw that in their face.

I must admit I still can not see why I can't work in house doing the sales and work for a contractor doing the installs. Sometimes when I get a phone order I make a call to a friend of mine that works for a contractor for the MSO and ask him to do the install. He has no problem with this and completes any non ports put the same day! MUST ADMIT I AM STILL CONFUSED!

This is CABL.com posting #217768. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4Oy
Posted in reply to: SO what do you guys think of this one? by salesdawg
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? RadioMan 5/9/2008 1:09:00 AM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? cablecrew10 5/8/2008 11:10:00 AM