Create your free account now! Sign up

SO what do you guys think of this one?

First of all I want to see what you guys think about this situation:

I do sales/installs so I am not at the mercy of someone one handing me work each and every morning. I also have chosen to work "inhouse" so there is some give and take just in that aspect. Either way we don't get paid to do our installs. The only reason that we do them is to guarantee that they are done and that you are getting paid for the sale. Also I might catch someone home on their off day and it might never happen again when the tech is trying to install the service. I brought it up to my manager why we don't get paid for installs and that we in essence are installing services for free when the MSO is more than willing to pay someone else to do that same very install. He told me that I have a salary and that is part of the expectations that come with that salary. Also I asked if my salary would be going down if I chose to schedule out all my installs? He told me no! I asked today if their was a problem with me signing up with a contracting company to where I could at least get something for my installs. He told me that is a conflict of interest. IN WHICH WAY?? He could not tell me the answer.

What I don't want to to hear from you guys is sales people should sell and installers should install. I am three product certified so that won't hold up. I need to know what you guys would do in this instance. Also I am very open to suggestions about getting around this. Let me know if you have any suggestions?

This is CABL.com posting #217686. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m4Ne
There are 13 replies to this message
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? old school dude 5/8/2008 2:44:00 PM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? DONE RIGHT 5/8/2008 8:29:00 AM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? salesdawg 5/8/2008 3:55:00 AM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? gacable 5/7/2008 9:45:00 PM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? cablemut 5/7/2008 8:43:00 PM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? cabledog 5/7/2008 6:38:00 PM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? slimhefty 5/7/2008 2:09:00 PM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? cablemn86 5/7/2008 1:27:00 PM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? cablerite 5/7/2008 11:01:00 AM
Re: SO what do you guys think of this one? vegassatellite 5/7/2008 4:37:00 AM