Create your free account now! Sign up

Quality Control Following Me!

This is pretty much a long rant....sorry

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing Quality Control "Ride a longs"? Lately (last 3-4 months) I've had QC guys (TW Employees) following me for 8 hours at least two times a week. Every time they pretty much stand over me with a clipboard writing every little thing I do wrong...from forgetting to tell a customer how to reset their modem to how many personal phone calls I make, to how many empty burger king cups I have in my van. For awhile it was somewhat bearable...I just assumed that these ride-a-longs wouldn't last for very long, and everything would go back to normal but it seems that it's now a permanent thing. The worst part is that these QC guys are obviously clueless, they annoy the customers, and they're just all around jerks.

Today my first customer told me right when I walked in the door that the QC guy had called her and told her not to tell me that he was on the way. As if he expected me to be doing something shady when he arrived. Another time a customer told me that a QC guy had called her 3 times one morning to see if I had arrived yet. Another time I was wrapping up a phone install where the customer wanted to plug his phone directly into the modem, but the QC guy was demanding that I drill a hole and run a line to the NID...the Customer was irate and almost canceled. In situations like these I have no way to report these guys...Time Warner doesn't care what I think and my contracting company sure won't stand up for their techs.

The thing is I'm a good tech. I don't cut (many) corners, I'm good with customers, I know what I'm doing. I don't see why they have to follow me this many times (it's been at least 20 times at this point). I get all sorts of mixed feedback...one QC guy will write that I have awesome customer service skills, while another will say that I need to work on it. It seems like a big waste. It slows me down, and the customers for the most part are annoyed and confused at the whole situation. Is this going on anywhere else? Are they any suggestions? I'm contemplating applying for an hourly job at TW (I know I'll probably deal with the same BS for less pay...but it'd take the contracting frustrations away)...I've already tried Dish Network, and would like to stay in the cable field. It looks like this situation is here to stay and I can't do anything about except quit or move.
This is CABL.com posting #195642. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mY3G
There are 11 replies to this message
Re: Quality Control Following Me! MicroMan 8/7/2007 10:42:00 AM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! jimrako 8/7/2007 12:33:00 AM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! sdelnay 8/5/2007 1:37:00 PM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! Crayne 8/4/2007 11:37:00 PM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! dsatelitmn 8/4/2007 7:33:00 PM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! Splicer Life 4me 8/4/2007 4:20:00 PM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! Chopps 8/4/2007 4:11:00 PM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! cabledog 8/4/2007 9:38:00 AM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! sab3r 8/4/2007 9:33:00 AM
Re: Quality Control Following Me! joeatstellar 8/4/2007 1:55:00 AM