Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Quality Control Following Me!

I'm gonna get clobbered and I know it but I'm going to fess up.
I was a QC guy for a couple of years and if I was a prick it was only because my boss was a prick. He would qc my work and his boss would qc his work. If I didn't find it and he did I would hear about it.

My Manager at least for a while took a very sane and fair approach to QC's. We weren't a tool to hammer contractors with charge backs. He expected that every contracting company and in house supervisor QC their own techs and turn over the results and we would just do "check ups". We would pull 5 jobs from every tech at random each quarter and that was it. We were just looking for a sample, or a snap shot of each guys work.

We would also follow up on jobs that supervisors had already QC'ed to make sure they accurately reporting the results. I know at least one in house supervisor got fired for protecting his guys with false reports.

There was also room to look at the job as a whole and look at the overall quality of the work. I can speak only for myself but I would never ding a guy for a couple of minor oversights if the rest of the work was good. I would fix the problem and move on.

I thought that system was fair and it drove everyone toward the same goal. The hacks are weeded out and a guy who does good work is not going to get killed for making a couple of mistakes.

Unfortunately new leadership came in and had a very different philosophy and things changed for the worse.

This is CABL.com posting #195898. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mY7O
Posted in reply to: Quality Control Following Me! by NCable1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Quality Control Following Me! vegassatellite 8/7/2007 3:57:00 AM