Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: backwards splitter.........

in modern dishnetwork installations we use dual tuner receivers that run 2 tv's in different rooms, with the remote television being run off of a uhf remote control. sometimes that remote control won't reach back to the receiver, especially when we're dealing with seperate buildings so we use a backwards splitter before the diplexor at the receiver, and forwards behind the remote television, one side feeds the tv, the other we put the uhf antenna for the remote control. it doesn't matter which side of either splitter you use, you get remote functions off of one, and picture off the other. but when you do this on a long run, old cable, or an aerial run to an out building you get ingress. i can only assume this is from attenuation caused by the cable run and/or the splitters. the splitters seem to be more susceptible than a long cable run, since sometimes it just isn't a problem, even though in cable it was ALWAYS a problem. my qustion then is this. why can you sometimes do it with no ill effects when used to carry one channel as opposed to cable, where it always caused a problem if i screwed up and hooked up a splitter backwards. is it just simple signal loss, or is it that the splitter both icreases signal loss when hooked up backwards and/or increases the problem of ingress by acting as an antenna.

long way to put it, i know, but ther it is.
This is CABL.com posting #188459. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXbP
Posted in reply to: Re: backwards splitter......... by voices
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: backwards splitter......... nrb1 4/10/2007 10:06:00 PM
Re: backwards splitter......... vegassatellite 4/10/2007 9:47:00 PM