Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: in - house contractor

now trey, i have to disagree with you, i don't believe they can do both as zss stated, however, if you are what you guys are calling " employee contractors ", they can 1099 you for vehicle and/or equipment usage but they have to legally W2 you for your services rendered. Actually, i guess you could drop your contractor status for part of the year and work as an employee, but an employee can not drop his in-house status and become a contractor without meeting all the necessary requirements, ie. all your insurances and being registered with the federal government with either your social security # or your federal id # to show that you are a sole-proprietor of LCC or partnership or corp of some kind... Been through this a number of times. Think about it, i would much rather pay all my in house guys a higher rate and 1099 them, i profit more money that way, that is until audit time rolls around, noe since they are not true subs i get hit paying any and all taxes they neglected to pay, including un-employment taxes and not to mention insurance on their wages because they are truely classified as in-house under the federal laws, ask any corp / contract lawyer, they will all tell you the same thing.
(cool)
Jerry Edgar
This is CABL.com posting #185540. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWqK
Posted in reply to: Re: in - house contractor by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: in - house contractor Trey9007 2/18/2007 12:45:00 PM
Re: in - house contractor lostintx 2/18/2007 12:24:00 PM