Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: in - house contractor

You're still not getting my point. So ill try and make it clearer one last time.

Lets say I hire on as a contract employee for a company who has been awarded a contract from Comcast. The contract calls for them to supply 20 tech to run installation routes. After 6 months the work has been caught up so Comcast ends the contract. Once the project over the contract I signed with my employer is then over, along with my employment with the company.

2 days go by. Now the same company I hired on as has been awarded another contract from bell to splice cable. The terms of the contract makes it more feasible for them to use subs. They call me & offer me the work. Assuming I meet the requirements with insurance, WC, etc..., I sign a contractor/sub-contractor agreement. The project last for 6 months.

At the end of the year you will receive a W2 for the moneys earned on the 1st project, and a 1099 on the other project. There was a change in the terms of our relationship from the 1st project to the next. Thats the ONLY reason this is legal or even necessary.

This is CABL.com posting #185547. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWqR
Posted in reply to: Re: in - house contractor by snake eyes
There are 0 replies to this message