Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: in - house contractor

i think i get the discussion so far, my question pertains to my own situation........i provide truck tools and gas, i pay for materials (payroll deducted from the companies stock), they then pay me for the materials (standard amount for each billable line item, then labor) but my gli is taken as a percentage of my total since i don't carry my own insurance..........i have seen their adds on the bar and they are sometimes for contract employees and sometimes for independent contractors.........at the end of the year i get a 1099 and subsequently get various deductions

all the work is for dish installs (tc, sc, upgrades, installs, and movers) the company seems to be VERY conscious of framing everything as a prime/sub relationship while occasionally crossing the line ("mandatory meetings", etc.) but all in all it seems like i am definitely a sub while getting very close to the line (just the way things are in this business) i guess from a purely financial point of view my biggest questions come from the way materials and insurance are handled ...........someone with more experience care to offer their own two cents?
This is CABL.com posting #185545. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWqP
Posted in reply to: Re: in - house contractor by snake eyes
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: in - house contractor snake eyes 2/18/2007 12:40:00 PM