Create your free account now! Sign up

FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne

I'm an old cable dog that switched over to phone, please dont hold that against me (unless your a female with a nice body he, he). I spliced alot of the fiber in Ft. Wayne for the fios project.
I'm asking any of the guys out there that have fios experience in the video field for some info.... You see, my boss called me and told me that they have very few people in Ft. Wayne with video experience. Hey, wheres Exabyte???? Anyway, I'd just like to know how the video works on a 1550 system. As far as I know Ft. Wayne has the first 1550 system in the country. I guess what they want me to do is go out on the first installs and find the easy, inherrited, problems that video has always had. Things like bad fittings, bad jumpers, v.c.rs' with issues. You know, the stuff we see every day, but they have never seen these problems before, and they have nobody to train them.
So I'm asking, are there any problems with the FIOS that a regular cable guy should know about before taking this job, and going into the lions pit? (HEY RUSS!!!! WHERE THE F#$% ARE YOU??)
Thanks for all the help, I still love this site, I can always count on my ole pole cats, (well except for exabyte...he he he)
Later Y'all, Red(snipper)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #180436. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU6q
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne redrocker80 12/6/2006 8:30:00 PM
Re: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne newcatv 12/6/2006 7:15:00 AM
Re: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne MadMax58 12/5/2006 11:22:00 PM
Re: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne lostintx 12/5/2006 11:08:00 PM