Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne

from what i've seen of fios (taking subs off of it for whatever reason) it is all coax from the demarc, that would lead me to believe that you will have all of the standard problems associated with a coax install, although it might be minimized (i'm thinking) since the signal should be perfect at the demarc (theoretically). bad fittings, burnt barrels in the face plates, ridiculous splices in the attics and heaven forbid the walls themselves. hidden diplexors, hidden splitters, rats and squirrels, braid on the stinger etc. sounds like you need some experienced cable AND sat guys out there, i'd imagine after a month or so those guys would be pretty adept at troubleshooting any wierd goings on and would thus be able to share their experience. really what you need is one person to act as a clearing house for problems and their fixes......the guy that all shops need......the one that you can call with the wierd stuff and he says "well so and so had someting like that and he said he did xyz" you probably already knew all that, but it's my tin nickel any way.
This is CABL.com posting #180441. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU6v
Posted in reply to: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne by redrocker80
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne Dcableservices 12/7/2006 5:07:00 AM
Re: FIOS Video/ Ft. Wayne mj82 12/6/2006 7:03:00 AM