Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is It fact

You want a reply from anyone who disagrees with your statements? ok, I'm usually good for that. Here goes:

There is no constitutional amendment protecting American workers from overseas competition, for one. And a good thing too. That concept is counterproductive to American prosperity, in my opinion, as it promotes ineffectiveness.

Also, generally people sitting at home on welfare want it that way. Why do I state something as unpleasant as that? because the evidence is abundant, that's why. It's revealed with healthy unemployed workers being in their predicament even though the national unemployment rate is at historical lows. It's revealed with millions of Mexicans walk through hundreds of miles of deadly desert claiming the jobs the welfare recipient doesn't feel is worth traveling cross town on a bus to claim. It's revealed in the unwillingness of many unemployed to move out of depressed areas. It's why Mickie D's hires at $8 a hour nowadays - no willing workers. The locals are all at home watching TV and collecting free greenbacks. They are apparently insulted at $8 a hour but enthralled with government cheese.

I have no problem with a global economy because that's what capitalism is all about. A dog eat dog world means you best produce at a reasonable cost or you WILL be replaced. We Americans are not so special that we should be protected from motivated competition. Work, and work hard at a reasonable price, or give it up to another that will. Unions need not apply (look at how you contributed to the distruction of our auto industry, alone).

As far as cable and satelite; Since I can't even count on two hands the number of technicians I have befriended or associated with deserving of more than $1000 a week (most are $10-$15 a hour guys, uneducated, and many others drug addicts). I'd say the rates we once received were the anomoly and todays appropriate. Of course, that statement devotes too much weight to the unskilled presently in our industry and does not properly value those technicians who are actually skilled, motivated and ethical. To me, it's a damn shame the good get lumped in with the rest so that they suffer the same. But then again, that's where successful primary contractors comes from - they move up the ladder because their skills are so desired.

note: obviously the unskilled, thieving, hack primarys who received contracts based on something other than skilled work should not be applied to the aforementioned.
This is CABL.com posting #180232. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU28
Posted in reply to: Re: Is It fact by rmblnmn1
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Is It fact rmblnmn1 12/3/2006 4:58:00 AM
Re: Is It fact rmblnmn1 12/3/2006 4:48:00 AM
Re: Is It fact lostintx 12/2/2006 11:05:00 PM
Re: Is It fact got cable? 12/2/2006 10:04:00 PM
Re: Is It fact davisgo 12/2/2006 7:05:00 PM