Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Trey, Every time someone exposes the negative aspects and negative history of the unions, you always respond with some really soft statement like "I never said that unions were PERFECT". Well, saying that unions are just "not quite PERFECT" is like saying, "Oh, I know the mob (pick any corrupt group you wish) has done a few little bad things along the way but they are really a good organization that is really family oriented and, by the way, they also do a lot of good for the people who at give them their money".

If you would be willing to be just as harsh in your condemnation of all that you know is bad with the unions, I think you would be more credible with your arguments. Unions are not great and wonderful organizations that have had just a few honest missteps along the way. Their foundations have been eaten away with self serving corruption and greed. I'm sure you will counter that corporations have been corrupted the same way, and you are correct. I just have my doubts that joining two corrupt organizations for the purpose of trying to make one of the corrupt organizations behave better will ever have any long term, significant and meaningful success.

I've heard frustrated workers say "Well, we might as well vote the union in -- it sure can't make things any worse that they are now." Well, it can get worse. You don't have to look far to hear many workers testifying to the fact that bringing in a union did make things worse -- often a lot worse.
This is CABL.com posting #169460. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSfo
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Trey9007
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Union? oldschoolgal 6/5/2006 3:07:00 PM
Re: Union? Trey9007 6/3/2006 10:47:00 PM
Re: Union? uboatcmdr 6/3/2006 5:55:00 PM