Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

I have said many things. But I have never, and will never say unions are perfect. Union are filled with humans, and humans are not perfect.

But what I dont understand is the double standard. You can find information like this about ANY organization. You can find info like this about cops, charitable orgs, conduct of US soilders, poloticians and etc.... But you will never say, these are groups to stay away from at all costs. All we can do is work to make sure our organizations stay clean. I will support whistle blowers of union orgs, just like I would support a whistle blower of corporate and any other type of mis-conduct.

Cops are dirty, but we still wear NYPD shirts and hats. US soilders are charged with conduct un-becoming but we still "support our troops". Poloticians are dirty, but we still support democracy. Oraganized labor has a few members that do wrongs, but unlike other groups, you will now consider all unions and all union members to be tainted. What a double standard. Why do you only give unions this "special treatment". If you were the types to consider any group bad because of the action of a few I would not make this argument. But some of you constantly make the point that just because some companies cheat their subs/employees, not all companies are bad. Have you guys changed your minds, or is it safe to say that you only have this standard when it comes to unions and any other org you dont like.

As 1 of labors biggest supporter, I also feel I can be one of its biggest critics. I hate dirty union members as much as anybody. I will always support new and fair ways to oversee unions and any other orgs. No org is allowed to police themselves ( not even the police) so why anyone would feel labor orgs should be any different is a mystery to me.

This is CABL.com posting #169447. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSfb
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by SatSouth
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/3/2006 2:40:00 PM
Re: Union? Gwester843 6/3/2006 9:53:00 AM