Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Finnaly some one openminded. I'm not putting down the union and the role it plays. My concern comes when unions take control. eg. I,m a B card which means I cannot do M and A card work. but i'm very good at what I do. but I cannot get A card or M without joining a shop wich supports them or going through the apprentice program which puts me right back. and this brings me to my point which is, to pay someone to get it (tens of thousands) plus im always put in a situation to save or set the pace on jobs. I work for very good people. And ive seen what unions can do to a company.(money wise) If you guy's are that bad of in your situation, DTV or whoever has to become unionized or reconize them. if not the contractors will not be able to support the financial burden, meaning DTV or whoever subsidise for the extra cost for union wadge's. ive seen a lot of good companies file bankrupcy just becouse of that. another example cablevision rebuild in NY a none union company. had a few contractors that were union, none lasted. I understand your guy's situation but its something that needs to be planned very carefully. thanks, all the best to you all.(snipper)
This is CABL.com posting #169268. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSci
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by alex1
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Union? Bird Dog 5/31/2006 9:18:00 PM
Re: Union? Trey9007 5/31/2006 8:58:00 PM