Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

I don't know where Hybrid is coming from, and I wouldn't say he's entirely wrong either. I'm just suspect of his origins (a plant?).
We could get a rebel every once in a while scaring us on the unions. Like anything and everything in corporate America, the bottom line will be, "what's in it for me" i.e. greed. Have unions gone too far at times? yes. Have the people in them been greedy? Of course. It doesn't take away from the foundation of the noble principles in their origins.
What we've got here is...a failure to communicate..(lol, couldn't help it).
The abuse of techs has gone way overboard. I would like to know of the thousands of dollars that techs have been burned on, how many times or what % has been retrieved? Probably less that 1%.
One day you go in and they say, "you're now a phone tech,...and by the way, you're putting phone lines in for free!" I've heard of them trying to force guys into fishing walls for free.
As a sub, you're forced to drive to a job and they don't want to pay you a dime if there's no one there. I could go on and on.
The coercion and intimidation has gone rampant. Realistically Hybrid, I don't see a trade-off...but maybe you're gonna set me straight.
This is CABL.com posting #169263. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mScd
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Hybrid Telecom.
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? Hybrid Telecom. 5/31/2006 8:26:00 PM