Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illegals?

if you can say dime-a-dozen and cable in the same sentence then you and the other 11 people around you aren't WORKING HARD ENOUGH. I'm not an owner by any means and had a few months supervising before i realized that i'd rather crawl under flooded houses than kiss the mso's ass, but i realized at that time that a cable guy (regardless of what they do in the field......goes for satellite installers too) are not a dime a dozen......not the good ones anyway. i kill myself everyday to either go faster, do more, or make it prettier.......or just fix the myriad f**& ups that the dime a dozens leave in their wake.....i'm not the best installer i ever met and i'm sure i don't reach the knees of a lot of guys out there, but i am so effin sick of people acting like an installer's job is nothing.........it's not hard and i admit that........until you actually start making time frames, qc's, happy customers AND good checks............the dime-a-dozen guys are what's killing the money, and a steady stream of new recruits only shortens the memories of how things should be for the installer. my bottom line is if you thinkg it's not important, then please, PLEASE don't do it. those of us out there that give a damn about our work, our reputations and the homes we are trying to provide for are sick of cleaning up your messes and watching line items disappear.
This is CABL.com posting #166867. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRzz
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by crawl2much
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: hard on illegals? Trey9007 4/30/2006 1:09:00 AM
Re: hard on illegals? whocares1984 4/30/2006 12:29:00 AM