Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illegals?

You know what, Honistly I have to agree with lostintx. Installers are not a dime a dozen, But since alot think we are, they can lower our pay. Any again some of you guys just work for the wrong companies which is part of the reason you get screwed out of money and jobs... It took me a bit of research to find the company I work for. Granted all companies are always looking for installers... Owners dont care how many installers they have when they are IC. They dont have to pay you anything when theres no work. So those companies typically take anyone. I know I used to be a total dish network shmo... But I look at 2 things when I look at a company... Supply and demand. Where are the installs coming from? And how much pay?

Get this when I first started for these guys I was making 35/15 an install now i knew I could get onto directv for 60/15 or 80/20 for dish. My ultimate decission was do I want to make more and wait months for work? or take the one that has alot of work will train you right will qc you tell you what your doing wrong so you can build a good rep. and after 3 months it goes up to 40/20 anyways so why not sweat it out?

AND they pay for my materials and take out my taxes... so I make 20 less than a dish installer, and dont have to pay for supplies. You just have to find the right company... I like working for the HSP even though there is a little BS, But i always have work. Now some of you might deny working for a HSP is a bad thing but I think its a good thing. Heck so what you goto a service call and another tech messed up the job... typically it doesnt take too long to ground the dish replace connectors or whatever else that needs to be done. AND people who critisize the SBCA come on now. Understandable you cant learn everything in 6 hours and your not going to, but at least you took the time to do it and accomplish it which shows your interested and wanting to do things right. Again alot has to do with your skill and if your working for a retailer, a mom and pop store or the HSP.

Retailers can only do soooo much the bigger the retailer i guess the more youll be able to make. Becides its nice to know that when you make a mistake a company is willing to help with that and not can you for something. Maybe retrain you to make you a better tech, but life is a learning experience.

Like I said I did dish network first never grounded or anything got into some trouble than i got out for 2 years and said i wouldnt work satellite till i got my sbca than i learned the importance of grounding and everything else.

So to all you guys who complain bout the satellite industry and its pay, find a better job you might enjoy or step up to the plate... Because right now we are slow and they still manage to give me alot of work. I get work orders with a request for my tech # and I dont even know the customer nor the customer know me.

What im really saying you wanna feel important just do the job right and get the work completed. Complaining bout pay is really stupid. And a union is not the best option.
This is CABL.com posting #166871. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRzD
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by lostintx
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: hard on illegals? Techee10 4/30/2006 3:42:00 PM
Re: hard on illegals? voices 4/30/2006 1:52:00 PM
Re: hard on illegals? crawl2much 4/30/2006 3:02:00 AM