Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illegals?

Dude, you sound like a bunch of others on this bar that are ex-cable installers= basically wire pullers that don't understand how the the cable system works from head end to dead end and now you be a satellite installer! people like you are exactly why qualified folks won't do this type of work anymore. We don't need illegals to drive our rates down, we have people like you doing our trade for chump change and advising us not to organize or unionize or whatever! I'm not coming after you specifically, you just happen to be the latest post on the subject and you are definately not alone! Once upon a time you actually had to know something about the industry to get in it. The more work there was the more demand for bodies to do the work. So you got trained to stick this thing in that hole and somebody paid you! You're not qualified to demand money for your knowledge so, to keep your overpaid job, your tellin' your trainers they should be happy with the wages you are willing to work for. Man, you chumps piss me off!! Invested a lot 'o dough in a job that provided well for my family only to have it disappear in the dust by a bunch of unqualified sheep! I'll survive as my qualifications allow for different avenues. That makes me fortunate in a way but there's others, some that i've trained that are wondering "what the Hell did you get me in to?" They spent the dough as well to do it right and obtained the knowledge to do it well. This is what they get for their effort. Okay, the blood's settling down now, have a good day!!!! Later, Mike M.
This is CABL.com posting #166893. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRzZ
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by whocares1984
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: hard on illegals? lostintx 4/30/2006 6:01:00 PM