Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

and again wrong uboat.
and heres why.at boeing, ratheon,leahr,cesna exct.. they have both contractors and employees. right? right.
what do the contractors make?
oh, my god, it's the same as the employees.who would've frickin thunk it?
why is this.HMMMMMMMMMMM.
oh yeah, prvailing wage brought to you by who? the union.
and when i said a union was not helping the situation with subs, someone pointed out a prvailing wage. so i thaught i'd throw it back out there.

"in this discussion only the opinion of the HSP employees who are or were eligitable to vote matter"
nothing could be farther from the truth.
the union vote or lack of affects all involved including the contractors who are out there in the field installing for the HSP or the AFS.
say you get a union voted in. and say that the wage is not any better but created prevailing wage for the contractors as in the aircraft industry.then what. has your situation improved? not in my eyes. instead your paying a duese on top of everything else.

now for your questionare,

1.do i feel it is right for an HSP employee to be able to vote for or against a union.
yes i do. but i don't think the vote should be swayed by propaganda on both sides.

2. are HSP's treating techs fairly by cutting wages and increasing costs of beifits to the HSP employee?
let's look at that.
hsp's cut the costs of wages HMMMM, i saw on another board where a certain HSP just increased rates(B&A).
as far as raising the cost of insurance, isn't that the carier?

and for questions 3 & 4 everyone should have the CHOICE to have union reprsentation.
and again that choice shouldn't be swayed by propaganda on either side.

and for the record Uboat, contractors got DTV and DISH where they are today and if you look at an HSP it is a contractor with employees for DTV.
so i guess all of us numb between the ears contractors are obviously can't be too numb. after all, we didn't go in house and start crying did we.
This is CABL.com posting #161473. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQaz
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by uboatcmdr
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/14/2006 10:01:00 AM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/14/2006 9:25:00 AM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV uboatcmdr 2/14/2006 12:34:00 AM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/13/2006 10:49:00 PM