Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

uboatcmdr,
why do you think some one in a managerial positions opinion is irelavent?
this is gonna be lengthy.
a manager is to be a representative of the company and to look after the companies best interests.so therefor the managers opinion is relavent whether it be union or nonunion.
what seems to be the real issue whith all this union talk is MONEY.
plain and simple folks.it always has,and always will be.
when it gets down to the bottom line it's always about the money.treatment? ha! people say they want better treatment yet don't deserve it.show up late,shotty workmanship,bad attitudes and customer relations. this is deserving of better treatment? and of coarse let's not forget more money.
now i know there are some techs that go unrecognized that shouldn't. this happens. but when there are more complaints about bad techs instead of calls about good ones, that tends to catch the eye of a company more.
i just love how it's always some one elses fault. ya know, the company,management,dispatch,the suits.it could never be a bad tech or techs.right?
and the answer of coarse is always cry for a union.
i can't for the life of me,understand why, or how, people can't open thier mouths for themselves.they knew how to talk themselves into the job,why not talk about the things they want. it's called negotiating your contract. and what law is there that sais an in house tech can't become a contractor?
do HSP's cut money? of coarse they do. inhouse techs get the van,tools,gas W/C, unemployment, insurance,etc....
it's not contracting.why are they rates dropping? well when DTV drops rates to the HSP they have no choice but to share the sandwich. in house rates didn't fall. only contractor rates.
crappy but true. such is business folks. the HSP ain't gonna take the loss,instead they pass it on to the contractor.the HSP is going to make the same as it always has. the rates that dropped are the install rates which wouldn't you know it, thats what the contractors do.TC rates are still the same.and thats what inhouse does.
now clor me nutty,but, it seems to me that the inhouse guy has it pretty dang good.
and as far as contractors go, if you think the rates are low now, wait til ya see what's comming up by june.
This is CABL.com posting #161327. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP8d
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by uboatcmdr
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV uboatcmdr 2/12/2006 10:50:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/12/2006 9:09:00 PM