Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

Both of you are right. In this environment everyone has the right to chime in. And I like the fact everyone does. How fun would it be if we all came on the bar to just agree with one another, and close our eyes to other points and views. To me that would be Boooring. But in the real world the view of managers is irrelevant. The rules and the process of workers organizing do not include managers. They arent involved in the process at all. Keep in mind organizing is a right, not just an option. Workers are to vote their conscience, not the conscience of their managers.

Sumahit, you make excellent points about the blame game. Many times installers are at fault. But calls about positives hardly happen. Its just the way things are. People expect good service, so when they get it they dont usually call about it. Negative things are always the hot topic. Everyday someone helps an old lady carry something, everyday someone gives up their seat so that a pregnant woman can have seat on the train or bus, but you never hear about it. One fool does something wrong and stupid, it makes CNN. Thats just the way it is. But, you could use the growth of the industry as a measuring stick for the good done by all workers in this industry. To expect a "dat a boy" call from every customer that is satisfied with their install is a bit unrealistic.

You make good points. Change is needed on both sides. All partys have concerns they would like addressed. As an individual how likely is it that executives of big corporations will ever hear, let alone address your concerns. Not likely. But as 1 big force they would. Quite frankly, they are required to. As individuals many of us are illegally classified as contractors. We work extra hours, and the people we work for save a ton by not paying overtime and other things because we are "contractors". They save all this money by doing this, but yet rates are still cut. Boy oh boy, what a racket.
This is CABL.com posting #161332. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP8i
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
remeber sumahit 2/12/2006 9:19:00 PM