Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trey....what is your real name????

That is all fine and good, but you can't deny the "threatening" overtones of this whole thread in which you have posted. Here is a quote from Trey that I feel is worth repeating:

"Here are some facts. These are the last quaterly earnings reported

Verizon +14.2% to 8.4 billion

DTV +22% to 3.0 billion

Comcast +10.5% to 5.6 billion

Notice the "+" signs on all 3. But only 1 of these companies have workers that also have "+" signs next to their income. Only 1 of them have a unionized workforce. Now I know this is all employee talk, but its the only thing factual I can bring to the table. But I do believe that contractors performing work benefit from the good wages of the union employees. Im not out to say that because these people recieve better pay, that makes them better people. Im just saying that because they come together to bargain with the suits, they get their fair share."

I am glad you shared your history with us to let us all know where you are coming from. I am no staunch believer is unions by any means. There are plenty of them that I feel do more harm than good, but the CWA is not one of them. I think that if all the DirecTV HSP's & Dish's RSP's nationwide went union, then the industry would be loads better off.

If you think that the HSP's going to a pay rate of $10 per hour and the RSP's paying dirt just the same, is good for the technincians, then you are not being honest with yourself. The CWA's fees are 4 hours per month.

In closing, the whole idea is simple. If you are an employee of a HSP or RSP then you might want to look at your legal options of forming a union (but be discreet). If you are a contractor/subcontractor, you probably don't want the HSP's and RSP's to go union, because your work force may leave you and go to work for a bigger company with a payscale and benefits similar to Bellsouth. And lastly, if you are a manager or supervisor for an HSP/RSP, then you have already been told that if your office goes union, you can kiss your sweet bonuses away. {yeah I have been there as well}
This is CABL.com posting #158536. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPpc
Posted in reply to: Re: Trey....what is your real name???? by oldschoolgal
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Trey....what is your real name???? Toast 12/29/2005 10:59:00 PM
Re: Trey....what is your real name???? oldschoolgal 12/29/2005 7:33:00 PM
Re: Trey....what is your real name???? oldschoolgal 12/29/2005 6:57:00 PM