Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trey....what is your real name????

You have no idea...............Mafia?....you watch too much TV.....thats laughable.....blacklisted....there are no blacklists, that is fictional, it is just a word used by laymen. Word of mouth is what keeps the crooks, hacks, and trouble makers out. This site is great for that. I don't see anyones paperwork, do payroll, nor charge people back. And as far as "fighting goes", let us remember this....we are just expressing our opinions...and that my dear goes both ways, does it not? Or is it that you can only accept free speech when it is something you personally value or believe in? That is pretty darn narrow mined in my opinion. To be truly able to take a side, or stand against something you have to really understand both sides, or your opinion is invalid. I do understand both sides, I have been in both positions. My opposition comes from experience and an open mind before I become adamant about anything. I was a Member of a Union once, it was the worst experience of my life. On the flip side, my great grandmother came here from Sicily on the boat and formed a Union for nurses who provide in home care. Her union was so successful she gained recognition from the President of the United States. Both the Republican and Democratic parties agreed that this Union was helpful. Her plaque from the President at the time hangs on my parents wall. This plaque hangs with pride in a house of an owner of an independent trucking company who strongly opposes unions and will drive his rig right through a teamsters picket line to make money for his family. It really matters who is in charge and what actions they take to obtain rights. I am all for us having rights, but not by taking extreme measure like strikes, lawsuits, and ridiculously orchestrated work schedules that include forcing people to take a brake in the middle of a task, just to prove a point. Unions are like a business, they take money from you, that is how they stay afloat, and that is how they support themselves, very nicely too I might ad. Do want someone to earn a six figure salary off the skin of your back and force you to pay them or you are out of a job? There have been many investigations on union officials who make huge amounts of money and do nothing. My Great Grandmother, lived a very simple life, she was poor by most definitions, she did not profit off the workers back, she truly used the dues to further the cause, and with communication, not strikes. Look what happened with the transportation union in New York, is that what you think is a good idea? How about the Grocery union, a lot of people lost everything they had remaining on strike due to bullying and pressure tactics on behalf of Unions. If you ask me, and you wont, I think that sounds and looks more like "Mafia" tactics. What really needs to happen here is communication within your own organizations. Perhaps you can start with a little locked up box in the office where people can anonymously express their feelings. Also, I have noticed that a lot of people do not speak openly to their superiors out of fear, being uncomfortable, or something else. I have heard a lot of owners say that they wished so and so would have come to them and talked. Your superiors are people just like you. For the most part they are not some tyrant or scrooge that is rubbing their hands together and plotting an evil plan to hurt you. Any respectable businessman wants things to work out for the best. They want long term relationships with the clients and the work force they have chosen to represent them. Yes, you guys and Gals represent the company you work for. Your company depends on you as the face and benchmark for quality workmanship. If you feel cheated you should speak up directly to them. If you are treated poorly as a result, you should really find another place to work. It is the bosses who don't care about you and take offense when you express yourself to them that are the ones that don't stay in business and rip you off. The bottom line is teamwork from the top to the bottom, not extreme measures such as strikes that will change things and bridge the gap between the suits and the labor. I hope you will not poke fun at the concept of communication until you try it. One last thing, if you truly want to be successful at what you do, don't work for the money you are paid, work for the money you want to get paid, and you will be amazed at how quickly you get there. Good luck.
This is CABL.com posting #158529. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPo5
Posted in reply to: Re: Trey....what is your real name???? by oldschooldbstech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Trey....what is your real name???? oldschooldbstech 12/29/2005 5:42:00 PM