Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

Trey,
If you read the email I sent a little closer, I never said that I was part of the group being organized. I was on the management side of the table and yes the "Old Timer" labor organizer you spoke with was correct. During the mid 80's attempts to organize the labor force in the cable industry failed time after time. If fact I would guess that they have lost members since the mid 80's (do you have any membership numbers for the cable industry over the last 20 years).

You state that the past of employees passing on union representation has brought "US" to were we are now....were is that?

Again I ask you are you an employee in the cable industry at any position or level with actual concerns or are you trying to drum up new members?

Competition for the old traditional phone companies is heating up, and if you think that contract concessions in future CWA contract negotiations wouldn't happen as SCB, Verizons and others cut customer service rates to compete your maybe mistaken. The days of the Regional Phone Companies as the only option for wired phone service are gone and they don't currently have the pipe in place for video service to provide the "triple play" bundling options without a partner.

I can really understand your concern with having all your members on the telephone side of the industry. Trying to organize the contractoring resources for the cable industry is a feudal effort, being that efforts organizing cable MSO's work force have failed in the past and would terminate a contract with any contractor if they were organized.

Everyone needs to feed their family and I am not in anyway judging your believes. I am still not sure if you are just on this site to fish for a little info on the industry.

I hope you and your family as a great Christmas
This is CABL.com posting #158244. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPku
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. Trey9007 12/25/2005 12:25:00 PM
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. Trey9007 12/23/2005 11:47:00 PM