Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

Pressure Tap, I shared my thoughts, maybe you can do the same for me. I read a couple of your past post. In one you basically said you are here to help others understand the business side of things, great. If this is correct this is an opportunity just for that.

In one of your post you say that if you over bid on a contract that someone will come behind you, bid lower, and get the contract. So you are forced to bid lower to get the contract. If this is not true just omit anything I say from here.

What allows companies such as yourself to underbid. In one post you mentioned expenses that businesses have such as insurance, copiers, truck etc.... The prices of these things are constantly going up, correct? So what gives you the flexibility to bid lower? IS it that companies believe they will always be able to get installers no matter what they pay? Is it they accept the fact they might get less talented and experienced installers with the drop in pay? What is it? And when companies foo underbid do their profit margins stay the same? Meaning although installers pay go down, does the prime still maintain its same amount of take home money.

I personally feel companies feel they can throw any amount out there and enough installers will accept it. I also feel that although installers pay drop, the prime's profit margin stays the same or even goes up. But thats just me and my opinion, Im looking to get a real answer from someone who is in this position and has real experience.

Also, when you admit that primes are at times forced to underbid contracts, is that also an admittance that installers are therefore at times underpaid? And what kind of impact would installers refusing to work for those that are forced to pay lower rates, because they had to underbid for the contract. Would it be a good one or bad one. And do you feel primes should maybe support an effort like this?

Thoughts........ and..........

Merry Christmas to all!!

This is CABL.com posting #158307. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPlv
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by Pressure Tap
There are 0 replies to this message