Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

Well this is one big pissing contest. Im going to end with this. You keep mentioning things that make techs important to the industry. But unfortunately, installers are only capable of having negative effects to the business.

Here are some facts. These are the last quaterly earnings reported

Verizon +14.2% to 8.4 billion

DTV +22% to 3.0 billion

Comcast +10.5% to 5.6 billion

Notice the "+" signs on all 3. But only 1 of these companies have workers that also have "+" signs next to their income. Only 1 of them have a unionized workforce. Now I know this is all employee talk, but its the only thing factual I can bring to the table. But I do believe that contractors performing work benefit from the good wages of the union employees. Im not out to say that because these people recieve better pay, that makes them better people. Im just saying that because they come together to bargain with the suits, they get their fair share.

Heres a link to one of the contracts CWA has with SBC. The wage schedules are near the end of the contract. But I encourage you all to read some of the other articles. When reading the wage schedules take notice of the pay for clerical positions. And for all you business savy people, convert the employees wages and benefits into contractor pay if you can. Im not to savy but I say 20/hr employee = 35/hr contractor. But I could be wrong. So check it out and ask why workers in cable and sat cant have something similar. You see when Im saying the things Ive been saying Im not talking out the side of my neck. The evidence is out there that we are not getting our fair share. And theres even more evidence that comming together as 1 is probably the only way we will ever get it.

the link
http://www.cwalocal4250.org/executives/binarydata/sbcmidwest04.pdf
Have good evening. everybody.
This is CABL.com posting #157921. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPfh
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by sumahit
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. Pressure Tap 12/22/2005 12:55:00 AM
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. oldschooldbstech 12/20/2005 8:40:00 AM
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. sumahit 12/20/2005 12:52:00 AM
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. Trey9007 12/20/2005 12:39:00 AM