Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

Trey,
Are you really a contractor or employee of a contractor providing services to a cable or satellite company?

By guess is you are a agent for the CWA to organize the cable and satellite industry since the traditional POT companies are starting to loose market share to VoIP service's provided by the cable MSO's and the CWA is loosing their traditional "bread and butter" member's and facing a stiffer negotiating position with the traditional POT's companies, due to competition.

Being a small owner of contracting resources to the cable MSO's and after reviewing the 301 page labor agreement you attached would only have the reverse affect on your concern with the wages currently paid. If my employees choose to have you represent them would only add a ton of OH expense just to keep me out of trouble. Either I would have to self terminate the contract or cut the wages and benefit's to my employees just so I don't lose my house.

I replied to you once before about organizing cable MSO's contractors and if you were ever successful with organizing a contractors work force, I guarantee you the MSO will invoke the one month termination of the contract (written into every contract).

Previously I worked on the cable MSO side of the business for 20 years and had several attempts from the CWA, AFL/CIO and Teamsters to organize the workforce....they never even had enough card's signed to bring it to a vote.

BTW, my employees are not currently in negotiations with any organized labor group, so please don't waste your time with quoting organized labor negotiation laws concerning my comments.

I also found your post concerning revenue growth from DTV, Verizon and Comcast interesting. Revenue is great, however revenue can only be taken to the bank after expenses. While the cable sector starts to grow into voice services they will have a larger growth in revenue. Q3 result's for Verizon and Comcast showed net income margins for Verizon at 9.8% (19B in revenue 1.8B net income) and Comcast at 3.9% (3.6B in revenue and 222M net income).

Thought's....

This is CABL.com posting #158117. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPir
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. Trey9007 12/22/2005 2:23:00 AM