Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feelings on Union

hi trey,

so your saying non-union companies only, have high turn rates?
and that unions provide a win-win-win situation far a company?

i find that paticular statement to be a load of crap.
and i guess we will carry this debate around.you know what i mean. this line of the union being the answer to all the problems is pure bull sh**. and let's not forget there has to be a vote for the union to get in a place. and if it is voted in, nothing sais the rates will get any better.

oh, heres an idea to entertain,
what guarantee is there that the union can give that the install rates won't go down any more than they have?
NONE!!!!
as someone posted here earlier there are alot of hacks out there who will get that union card who will milk it dry and continue to make a joke out of our industry. i'm not saying all card holders will,just the hacks.and knowing the unions i've seen they need every warm body to stay on board especialy the buddies that have an in with the top dog.
are you willing to have the hacks be in your union?
and stay simply because they are union?
the issues of rates falling and good techs getting screwed over will continue on and on it's a fact. not every one will vote union. look at brusters and associates.
sad but true. in house might be union but the rates can still fall.
prevailing wage means contractors would also get what in house gets paid right?
then it doesn't help contractors out. contractors contract for the higher pay and to have some control of thier rights.
a union helps employees. and i like so many others don't want to be just another employee.
don't get me wrong trey, i don't like seeing any of my brothers get the shaft.but i see what the union did for the guy's here at the cable company and what they didn;t do for the contractors.
i see it every day.
so, that is why i find your statement to be crap.
This is CABL.com posting #156470. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mORS
Posted in reply to: Re: Feelings on Union by Trey9007
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Feelings on Union MicroMan 11/27/2005 11:18:00 AM
Re: Feelings on Union DZW! 11/26/2005 11:31:00 PM
Re: Feelings on Union Trey9007 11/26/2005 10:50:00 PM