Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: satsouth

I think that you are underestimating to true cost of the vehicles. I understand most HSPs will be leasing the vehicles which will be an ongoing cost. Upkeep, insurance, liability, etc., will be considerable. I've heard some of the HSPs are giving techs the option of working in a company vehicle or staying in their own vehicle and working by the piece. Anyway, I'm still not getting any response to my question. If a tech does chose to work hourly in a company owned vehicle, what is a fair hourly rate? Many cable employees work hourly, utility workers work hourly, telephone workers work hourly. It not an unusual way to work. I also think that the HSPs are trying to answer some of the complaints about techs working more that 5 days per week (hence the 40 hours). Also a lot techs complain about costs that they can't control (like gas prices). Working as a 40 hour week employee solves some of these concerns. Most of the world works at least 40 hours a week for a fair wage. I am just curious what that fair wage might be.
This is CABL.com posting #146980. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMoO
Posted in reply to: Re: satsouth by jjellison
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: satsouth good hourly pay? asapNlouisiana 5/29/2005 3:26:00 PM
Re: satsouth jjellison 5/29/2005 1:16:00 AM