Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: E-mailed message

Dude do you or have you ever had a DTV dealership, probably not so please don't lecture me... Commission sales is entirely up to the retailer, and just in case you don't know, as a dealer you get $30.00 reoccurring revenue from DirecTv every year that the customer stays a customer which is a commission. (Just for fun let's add up some numbers shall we?) Let's say American Satellite just for the purposes of this discussion... Let's say that through advertisement, and cold calling alone we sell across fifty states in one day 1,000 units, (20 sales a day in fifty states). That's $265,000 before expenses. Now let's say you do that oh I don't know 30 days in a month, thats $7,950,000. I don't care what your expenses are your making some serious CAKE. It should be more about keeping quality installers that never have any problems or customer complaints instead of how can we save $5-$10 per install. The volume in sales more than makes up the difference, and oh yes let's not forget that the customer pays for shipping, and anything outside of a basic IRD i.e. Tivo, HD off air, and the mark-up is always there compared to if you purchase from Best Buy or Cicuit City. O.K. are you ready for the kicker? Standard receivers cost a retailer $2.50 to $3.00ea thats right I buy them all day long at that price so if you feel your getting your fair share of the money, then good I'm happy for you, all I can say is the people that work for me off of my own sales have always been paid considerably higher than what you are getting paid. Maybe thats why they do every job to spec, and bust their ass for me everyday, because I take very good care of them. Oh and one other thing, you pay no taxes on DirecTv equipment because you are giving it away as a FREE offer. Therfore no sales taxes are collected by SAM or the state. Dude stick to what you probably do best and that's being a trained monkey as per your own admission! Leave the real thinking to those of us real business owners, and you just keep rolling over for your scraps... Take care Bye Bye now
This is CABL.com posting #145345. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLYr
Posted in reply to: Re: E-mailed message by installitright
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: E-mailed message installitright 4/30/2005 10:36:00 AM
Re: E-mailed message jdhamc 4/25/2005 11:22:00 PM