Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: E-mailed message

Whom ever you are that wrote this, at least have the common courtesy to attach a name. Even a made up one would be better than no name, it makes you look like a coward not owning up to what you believe.

Well I will take it line by line I guess;

BASIC RECEIVER INSTALLATIONS -
INSIDE DEALERS RADIUS $ 125.00
OK, and how do you suppose we get DTV to pay us even that?

TIVO/DVR RECEIVER INSTALLATIONS -
INSIDE DEALERS RADIUS $ 150.00
You want an extra $25 for some extra wire and about 15 minutes more work? Light up that crack pipe buddy and breathe deep.

ADDITIONAL BASIC RECEIVERS
OR ADD. OUTLETS ( EA.) $ 45.00
I agree with this one

ADD TIVO/DVR INSTALLATIONS $ 60.00
again, more money for a few extra minutes work?

SERVICE CALLS WITHIN DEALERS RADIUS
( 1st HOUR ) $ 65.00
again, you must be hitting the crack pipe.

ALL SUBSEQUENT SERVICE HOURS NEEDED
ON SITE ( PER HOUR ) $ 50.00
You need to exhale once and a while now....

The rest of it it just too mind numbing to really take seriously.
What would your dealer radius be?....15 miles?

Get your head out of your arse and realize this buisness is changing. I have said before that most of you guys out there bitching about the pay want to be paid a kings ransome for something a trained monkey could do.

It does not take a masters degree in satellite installaton to install one of these systems right. But yet you think you should be paid as if you were a lawyer.

There are two kinds of people in this buisness;
the ones who want the quick pay off and those who look at the big picture. You my friend are in for the quick pay off and will not last for any great length of time with the new DTV procedures.

Do you really want to know why this buisness has gone to hell in a hand basket? It is because of hacks and gougers.
The hacks just screw things up and give decent installers a bad name. The gougers are the worst and ya'll know who you are....you charge $75 for a phone line just because the phone company charges $85, it only costs about $2 to run a phone line for cripes sakes. Or the $150 pole mount 10 feet from the customers house.

So....keep bitching, moaning and groaning about not being paid like a lawyer to do this work. In fact don't do it. Let the others take the work from you, they might do it better......if not, we will train them to do it better.
This is CABL.com posting #145273. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLXh
Posted in reply to: E-mailed message by installitright
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: E-mailed message voices 4/26/2005 4:29:00 PM
Re: E-mailed message jdhamc 4/25/2005 11:07:00 PM
Re: E-mailed message www0895 4/25/2005 9:58:00 PM
Re: E-mailed message cbldawg 4/24/2005 2:12:00 PM